The search committee is comprised of members of the Board of Trustees and representatives from the school community, including faculty, staff, students and alumni. Glen Bagby, a Board of Trustees member and 1966 Transylvania alumnus, will serve as chair.
The Transylvania presidential search committee includes:
- Glen Bagby ʼ66, chair; partner, Dinsmore & Shohl LLP,
- Mindy Barfield ʼ85; partner, Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- Karen Caldwell ʼ77; chief U.S. District judge, Eastern District of Kentucky
- Aris Candris ʼ73; former president and CEO, Westinghouse Electric Company
- Buddy Cowgill ʼ65; owner, Cowgill Properties Inc.
- Jamie Day; professor of physics
- Veronica Dean-Thacker; professor of Spanish
- Luther Deaton; chairman, president and CEO of Central Bank
- Carol Devine ʼ89; Alumni Board president
- Angela Logan Edwards ʼ91; past chair, Transylvania Board of Regents
- Mike Finley ʼ90; co-founder, AnswerRocket
- Jordan Hancock ʼ20; Student Government Association president
- Sherry Holley ʼ88, president, Gratz Park Private Wealth
- Marc A. Mathews ʼ80; vice president for finance and business
- Billie Jo Setzer ’89; trustee
- Tiffany Wheeler ʼ90; associate professor of education
- Dr. John Williams Jr. ʼ74, ex officio member; interim president, Transylvania University
- Chris Young; executive vice president, W.T. Young LLC
- William T. Young Jr., ex officio member; chairman, W.T. Young LLC
The Board of Trustees charged the Presidential Search Committee with identifying and interviewing several national academic executive search firms and selecting one search firm to assist with the search.
After interviewing five national search firms, the Presidential Search Committee has engaged Isaacson Miller of Boston to assist in managing the search process and actively recruiting a deep and diverse pool of qualified candidates.